If your business falls within the Withybush Enterprise Zone or the Haven Enterprise Zone your business could qualify for the Business Rates Scheme, if your business qualifies you will receive up to a maximum of £55,000 (the cap on the Scheme per annum) or the business rates paid, whichever is the lower.
The Scheme is focused upon SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) located within Enterprise Zones that are new starts or are increasing the size of their workforce.
To be eligible to apply, a business will need to demonstrate firstly, that it is:
· located within the boundary of a Welsh Enterprise Zone
· registered to pay Business Rates
· within the parameters of the EU definition of an SME
· not a business that serves only a local market; where support could displace or reduce existing jobs within the local area
· not a business that is in a sector of the UK market which is already fully served
· compatible with State Aid rules i.e. the de minimis regulation which allows support of up to €200,000 over a rolling three fiscal year period
Secondly, an eligible business will need to demonstrate that it is:
· a new-start (and not serving only a local market) and / or
· increasing its permanent full-time workforce
In addition, consideration will be given to other business activity related to Key Sectors, Increased Productivity and Innovation/Research and Development (R and D). These activities could include:
· direct engagement in business activity either within the key sector associated with the Enterprise Zone within which the business is located
· increased productivity underpinned by investment in buildings, plant and /or machinery
· on-going engagement in commercialisation, innovation or R and D activity
Applications for Round 3 of the scheme can be made until 3rd June 2014.
If you have an enquiry about the scheme, or wish to check whether you are in the Enterprise Zone, please call 03000 6 03000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow this link for the boundary map:
More information and application forms:
Applications close on 3rd June 2014.