This means making it easy for people to recognise words, sentences, and phrases. The easier it is to read, the more users will be able to take in when they scan over your site and decide whether yours is worth investigating further.
To create content that is easy to read, try these tips:
• Contrast is key – It’s important to have contrast between your text and it’s background so that the text is clear. For example, it’s much easier to readthan it is .
• Size matters – Make sure not to make your typeface too small, this can make it difficult to read, especially for older people or people with visual impairments. You should be able to read the text just by glancing, we recommend at least 14(pt/px) on average.
• The right fonts for the right jobs – A calligraphy script typeface may look nice in large headings but will be hard to read at smaller sizes so don’t use it for your body text. For this, you’ll want to use something which is clear and clean so it can be easily read without too much effort.
If you would like a free, no commitment web marketing review for your existing or proposed website please call us on 01646 682676 today. Not only will we look your website and how it appears but also –
- Your overall design and ease-of-use.
- Mobile phone & tablet optimisation.
- Meta tags (which are very important for getting a good page ranking).
- Your social media marketing and how that links to your website.
- Your text content along with those all important key words with can make or break a good page ranking.
Call now to book your free review on 01646 682676 or send us an email by clicking here.